Re: Blood Over Gold stats and HQ2 rules

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:04:28 -0800

The "numbers" for your foes and dangerous situations required stat blocks and resistance numbers in HQ2. Now these are set as difficulties, with the exact resistance number coming from HQ2's Pass/Fail cycle. You hopefully should be able to interpret stat blocks as rough difficulties for HQ2, which is all you do to convert these numbers over.

Generally, you would just set most fights and such as Hard. But some contests you use to overcome an obstacle might have easier success than others.

You may want to look at pg 71 of the HQ2 book and read up on how to set the difficulties for the resistance of a contest. This is the new method, where the story is PLAYER centered, with the actual stats for the foes only ever mattering when it is time to decide on the resistance of a contest; something that you do not need fixed numbers to create.