RE: Re: Augment-only stats

From: Matthew Cole <matthew.cole_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:27:26 -0000

to aid comprehension, LC is saying:

do others think "augment only" is a useful category to put abilities into when they are "almost always" used that way.

David is saying:

"no" because no other abilities are "magic". To paraphrase him: The reason magic abilities are treated thus is because they have no earthly parallel that we can draw on and therefore cannot be subjected to a credibility test.

so, I think David is saying "option B, Auntie LC"

I don't think he's directly answering your question though.

For myself, I see no harm in a group deciding together that a certain ability is "augment only" but to say that this method shouldn't be used for magic.... well that's a larger discussion topic.

On the subject of rule mods:

We have experimented recently with removing the "pay a HP to covert a flaw" because we can see no sense in it. Some abilities are clearly flaws under a wide group of circumstances and clearly not under equally widely defined circumstances.

If anyone's interested, perhaps this could become a new thread?

Cheers