Re: Character Development

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 08:53:20 -0000

> For those who have run/played in longer campaigns with Heroquest 2, how have characters developed ability wise? I can very much see players raising only few abilities. I know there is the catch up rule you can implement every time you gain a mastery to help with this, but this seems like it would only encourage sticking within your best abilities. So if you are a combat monster you would stick with your butt kicking abilities, and if you're a techie you'd stick with your fixing/inventing/modifying abilities. Is this what you have experienced through play?

Oddly enough, that has not been our experience. I've found about a third to half of the points end up going to new (but useful) abilities. Breakout abilities end up being very popular as well. A lot of people focus on their keywords and runes - at 2 a pop it is more expensive but still worth it.

Jeff