Re: Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:06:10 -0800 (PST)

"If you had just said it was pretty far and hard for a bow then the spear and daggers would fail. Why would you need another rulebook?"

and [straw man players need to get better at credibility]

OK. What about the same story, but instead of bows, spears, and daggers, it is Stunners, Ganglia Zappers, and Plasma Blasters? These things are fake. No one has the knowledge for assigning relative difficulties or credibility tests and no one can look it up. It has to be stat'ed out, at least in basic terms, by the GM.

I'm not going to continue this debate. I find the rules difficult to use. Others don't.