Re: Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:22:36 -0500

 Absolutely. In my Space Opera game, the properties of jump engines are pretty well laid out. When making the world, the players and I sat around and decided what we wanted the travel system to work like, where the choke points were dramatically, and what effect that had on the world. This way we were all on the same page. Same with weaponry and whether or not there were aliens. None of those things are "statted out" in terms of HQ abilities. A Jump 1 engine can jump around 4 light-years. That's just what it does. "Awesome Jump Engine 10W" is used for when it is dramatically appropriate, or being pushed, or otherwise worth considering in a contest. It still jumps 4 light years.

LC