Re: Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:48:33 -0500

Trotsky wrote:

> We appear to be on the same page to at least that extent, then :)

More or less. :) I mean, I could see a game where the engine was entirely determined by its "Awesome Engine" rating, but not this one.

>Interestingly, to me, these are both crucial elements, that need to be
>balanced against one another. Do away with either element and you've got
>a game that's considerably less fun for me. But other people have, quite
>legitimately, different objectives, and I can hardly fault HQ2 for doing
>what it sets out to do!

I think my bias is 80-20 or some such. I am not sure you can fold both into a single system, though. At least not one that strikes a balance that works in my head. So my solution has been to basically been to build firewalls on HQ2 in the way I describe above. It's been working ok for me.

LC