Re: Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:00:28 +0000

Andrew Moreton wrote:

> > And even then, how many games actually stat out these weapons to any
> > degree in a generic play rule book? If you needed stats for these, they
> > would go in a genre pack.
> >

> All of them?
> I don't own any sci fi game which does not and I own a lot

I think you're misunderstanding what he means by 'generic play rule book'. Games likes Traveller and 2300AD describe specific game universes, and have particular assumptions about the technology, so they aren't really generic. GURPS is fairly generic, and has some stats for blasters and the like in the main rulebook, but not a huge number, while games like Fudge don't have any at all (that I recall, anyway).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/