THE KRAKEN cometh!

From: Fabian Kuechler <fabian_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 01:03:25 +0100

Dear Steadfast Tentacles Allies,

we would like to invite you to our next gaming event:

THE KRAKEN
A Gaming Vacation
August 4-9, 2010
Schloss Neuhausen, Germany
www.the-kraken.de (Coming soon!)
Twitter:_THE_KRAKEN_

What is THE KRAKEN?

THE KRAKEN is a baroque gathering of international gamers and game creators to play and create fine quality games. Taking place at Schloss Neuhausen, a Prussian Château, in the middle of summer it is primed to become the icon of a new generation of gaming events. Combining high comfort, fine food, German beer, a picturesque venue and the best in gaming THE KRAKEN will be a true gaming vacation.

THE KRAKEN is the official successor to the Tentacles Convention. It honors the tradition of supporting the classic games of Chaosium, Inc., Issaries, Inc. and their offspring by Moon Design, Mongoose, Pegasus Spiele and Éditions Sans Détour but will be open to all kinds of quality games. THE KRAKEN is also the heir to the crazy, fun and innovative spirit of Tentacles.

THE KRAKEN is a non-profit event.

What is a Gaming Vacation?

THE KRAKEN is a week of fun spent at a wonderful Château in former Prussia, Germany. Great food, comfortable rooms, stunning gaming events and a picturesque venue make THE KRAKEN an event worth saving up a week of holidays for. It is the grown-up version of a RPG Convention for grown-up gamers and their friends and family. THE KRAKEN combines comfortable accommodation at a stunning location with enough time for both games and spending a great time with friends.

THE KRAKEN? THE KRAKEN is what eventually surfaces after all Tentacles. It is bigger, more badass and cooler then all Tentacles combined. It is what Tentacles meant to become.

Who is behind THE KRAKEN?

THE KRAKEN is brought to you by the team that created the Tentacles Convention. THE KRAKEN is an event organized by the RuneQuest-Gesellschaft e.V., Germany.

Why THE KRAKEN?

We, the Tentacles team, always felt we were creating the convention that we like to attend. We were truly gratified that so many other people liked what we created. Now we are older, have jobs and families. THE KRAKEN is the kind of event we would like to attend nowadays. We hope you feel the same way.

Who will be at THE KRAKEN?

THE KRAKEN will host Greg Stafford, Sandy Petersen and most likely Charlie Krank. The Tentacles team and their most dedicated friends and followers will also attend THE KRAKEN.

Stunning Gaming Events?*

THE KRAKEN will host Sandy Petersen's 'Space Station Zanzibar 3: The Final Countdown' and other fresh FreeForm games! Participate in the creation of the 'Great Argrath Campaign' and write official Gloranthan history with Greg Stafford (Warning: Illumination possible!), 'Build a Miniature Game' with Grégory Privat, triumph at the 'German Boardgame Day', freak and chill at the 'Movie Nights' with the best of Sandy Petersen's DVD Collection, feast at Chaosium Style BBQs, play RPG games galore and much much more...*

*Events and their names are still subject to change.

How do I book THE KRAKEN?

For sign-up information please write to: fabian_at_...

How to get to THE KRAKEN

THE KRAKEN takes place at Schloss Neuhausen, Germany. It is located about 1 ½ hours of driving from Berlin and Hamburg. A detailed description on how to get there will follow soon. We also plan to provide a shuttle bus service for international attendees flying in to Berlin or Hamburg.

Fabian

--

THE KRAKEN
A Gaming Vacation