Re: Supporting Character Antagonists- Resistances or narrator created characters?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:17:58 -0700

On 12 Apr 2010, at 13:54, toxicbob2000 wrote:

> It seems unclear in the rules whether an antagonist is supposed to be a full-fledged character (in game mechanics terms, meaning they have hero points, etc.) or just a resistance as part of the pass/fail cycle. There are parts of the rules that seem to support both ideas. I've already searched through the messages, I'm sorry if this has been answered already and I missed it.

I would treat them as resistance (since an exciting story is more important than a foolish consistency), but also occasionally give them a hero point or two, to keep players on their toes and keep things exciting.

One thing our Narrators tend to do: look at all HP expended (by both sides) in an encounter when determining what sorts of rewards to give. In other words, I'm more likely to give HP rewards if it was a huge scene that burned lots of HP. (We use a different color poker chip for NPC HP.)

David Dunham