Re: A thought on Sidekicks

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:09:24 -0700

On 20 Apr 2010, at 11:31, Ben wrote:

> Was talking with some friends today about how to run Star Wars using HeroQuest. It dawned on me that the Millenium Falcon in HeroQuest terms, could be expressed as a Sidekick with the following abilities:

> THoughts? It seems like anything with a distinct personality, which is important to a PC, but not a PC in it's own right could be expressed this way.

Totally reasonable (though in some games a ship could be a retainer or even a dependent -- if you had to constantly worry about its upkeep).

In our Glorantha games, we would sometimes treat magic items as followers, since it's a good way to give them abilities.

Alternatively, Millenium Falcon is one of Han's abilities.

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein