Greetings and Salutations

From: b galka <ell_bronko_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:26:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Heroquesters!

I have been playing RPGs for close to 30 years now.  I really like generic systems and have dabbled with games like BRP, GURPS, MnM, BESM, Tri-Stat DX, BESM D20, True 20 and Savage Worlds.  I am intrigued by Heroquest because it seems to enable an open set of player actions.  I think that face to face gaming is superior to computer role playing games because of the ability of a game master to improvise when the players decide to go off the mapped path and I am trying to find a rule set that maximizes the improvisational possibilities.  That said I need help to understand how to use such a powerful system so I will be lurking and viewing all the forum archivia.

Cheers,

Larry