Re: A Continuum Con Report., just like Greg implied he wanted! :)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 07:31:11 -0000

> I'm narrating a Star Wars HQ2 campaign and I'm still struggling a bit
> on how to properly portray the Dark Side / Light Side axis. Any idea?

You could give the Dark Side as a flaw equal to the hero's best ability if you wanted this to be a mechanical thing.

In our game, it was done purely based on the decisions of the players - no dice rolling at all. Nick succumbed to the Dark Side when he concluded that the Sith holocrons needed to be used as a weapon against the enemies of the Republic rather than destroyed. At that point I secretly told him that his Veteran Jedi keyword of 7W was now replaced with a Veteran Sith keyword of 7W. After a dramatic extended contest with the remaining loyal jedi player, Nick killed the loyal jedi with force lightning - his fall to the Dark Side complete.

Jeff