Re: Re: Narrative characteristics

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:35:21 -0700

On 10 Jul 2010, at 04:50, Trotsky wrote:
>> "community belief is stronger than individual belief",etc) ?

> To do that mechanically, you'd need something like the community support
> table from HQ1, but a more HQ2 approach would probably be to allow the
> community to augment the relevant actions of any individual they happen
> to agree with. The community's augmenting ability would be determined
> either by giving it appropriate stats, or by the Pass/Fail Cycle,
> depending on what you want.

If community belief is stronger, why not just use the community's Magic rating, which is almost certainly higher than a character's? (Of course, the players will have to someone convince the community to support them.)

Having augments depend on Pass/Fail cycle makes no sense to me. Pass/Fail is a handy way to help the game be more dramatic, but augments aren't exactly a major event. If the idea is that you don't have a community statted up, use a Plot Augment (p. 55).

Another way to get magic stronger than your own is with ritual magic (see p.112).

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein