Definition of an action in an EC

From: vurt500 <Toksickburn_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 03:53:00 -0000

I´m currently re-reading the HQ2 Extended Contest rules and what i´m missing is a definition of what exactly an action is (in an exchange).

The rules say that an Extended Contest is a series if Simple Contests. So it seems an action in an exchange is a "subgoal", hopefully leading to the big goal (=the prize you are going for) of the contest.

Can exchanges carry over consequences in terms of modifiers, like position for instance ? I mean could you go tactical, try to accomplish one thing in the first exchange and work with the benefit in the next? Or are tactics something that is part of the framing of the Contest only ?