Re: Big God Secrets

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:33:45 +0100

writes
>Hope this helps clarify things. Now, back to work on Anaxial!
>
>Stephen Martin

It does. But I think that an extended essay on the topic in some future publication (probably the HeroQuesting book if it happens) or on the website would be useful.

Personally, I'd say that 'becoming the god' is for the most part a staggered event. Depending on the success achieved when you roll it you might

  1. Fumble and find yourself in some sort of spiritual crisis.
  2. Fail: Achieve nothing and become an obsessed holy man working to improve your knowledge of the god.
  3. Succeed and become a prophet or hermit trying to reach greater union or spread the Word before you ascend. (Gaumata's Vision anyone?)
  4. Critical and *either* find yourself in control of the situation (perhaps this needs some extra mystical insight: I'd lay odds Lokamayadon was Illuminated) or totally 'gone'.
--
Michael Cule