Re: Definition of an action in an EC

From: orlanthumathi <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 18:11:43 -0000

Yes and something that I think HQ2 would find difficulty matching except as a sequence of contests. It even stops and starts with space for duelling and space for talking.

> Another example is the big fight of The Bride and The Crazy 88/O Ren Ishii from 'Kill Bill'.

Possibly better suited to HQ2 group extended contests but did you honestly not get a little bored during this sequence. There were cool moments that did have narrative meaning, genre resonance and character illustration, but there were lots of bits that felt like filler without any added context except to demonstrate competence in and of itself. Judicious cutting would have been much appreciated by this viewer. (I guess fighting mooks often feels like filler the hallway/staircase fight in the Matrix sequel for instance -forget which one.)