Re: Inversed Hero Points

From: Douglas Seay <seay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 21:41:17 -0400

Your inverted system ends up spending all HPs at the end of a session. This means no one can accumulate HPs for special occasions. Saving up HPs for something big, say a trip to the Other Side, was a common tactic. Maybe this is less common with the pass/fail cycle, but even with that I'd expect everyone to be on their "A" game.

Also I remember reading that some folks prefer to spend HPs as bumps at critical times instead of maxing out skills. I've never played that way, but it is a choice. And that choice is less viable with your system.

Also, I'm not sure how to gain new skills and advance old ones that are not actively used in a session.

Note that I'm not really arguing against it, just pointing out possible weaknesses with it. If you and your group like it, then there is no reason not to go with it.

On 09/06/2010 04:10 AM, ave_at_... wrote:
> What do you mean? Can you explain your thought?
>
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 04:44, Douglas Seay <seay_at_...> wrote:
>

>> How do you save up HPs for something big, like a quest?
>>

>> On 09/05/2010 08:39 AM, Aleksandr wrote:
>>> Have anyone ideas about nonstandart use of HPs? I like to totaly invert
>> the rules!
>>> 1. Each player gets same amount of HPs at start of each session (3 as
>> example)
>>> 2. Any time a player can use HP to bump Mastery in contest, as usual.
>>> 3. Player marks corresponding skill, whick was used in contest.