Greetings

From: Ring Snake <jormundgandr1234_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:51:51 -0000

Hi everyone,

Just a quick hello, and a thank you for adding me to the group.

I'm a long in the tooth RQ2/Glorantha player, although I think our last PBEM game went into hibernation about 2003.

I've been considering starting gaming again for a while, and while casting around for what happened to RQ in the last few years discovered the evolution of HQ/HW/HQ2.

>From a first read of the system, it achieves an awful lot of the kind of stuff my own group were making RQ rule changes to achieve - we'd moved from playing face to face to mostly PBEM due to careers, family comittments and all that jazz, while the characters were starting to hit rune level, started heroquesting and so forth.

To cope with both of these factors we were already trying to streamline RQ down to something a bit more mythic and a bit less crunchy, and HQ2 seems to do that very well. So much so that I'll be looking to join an HQ2 based Glorantha game, rather than a RQ based one.

I'm sure I'll have questions once I actually join a game.

Regards,

George