Re: Re: new guy

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:17:10 -0800

On 20 Nov 2010, at 10:55, Emmanuel Kanter wrote:

> but how would I setup the contest between, let's say, 20 elite soldiers vs.
> 100 green soldiers?
>
> do I create a "size" trait, or do I add a bonus...? how would you do that?

Um, what do those numbers have to do with anything?

HeroQuest isn't a military simulator. It's a literature simulator if it's any kind of simulation. So think about the sorts of situations you'd be dealing with. And don't worry about "realistic" results, worry about interesting results.

Both of those units might actually have the same combat value. In a heads-up fight, they would each have the same chance of winning.

The Elite unit might have more secondary abilities -- heck, you could almost have 20 abilities, one contributed by each member.

But tell me which is the players, and I can make it fun for them.

David Dunham