Re: Re: new guy

From: Emmanuel Kanter <emi.kanter_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:06:49 -0200

I understand, but what if I want to simulate a story with detailed mass combat, diverse and running for long?

if it's something dramatic, like holding against waves and waves of enemies, just rolling a single dice could be repetitive. I wouldn't want a 'realistic' simulation, but I would like to have a bit of a story going on, someone leading a charge and breaking a line, and the archers hiding in the woods getting an augment from their Deadly When Stealthy ability, etc. Not a wargame. A war story :D

For example, the delta green story "once more, from the top", narrating the marine raid in innsmouth. It's sobrenatural, it's creepy, it has lots of combats, platoon level and, later on, more personal level.

It's not a simulation, but having this kind of 'organization' makes the story more credible when playing, at least in this kind of story.

Anyway, I like http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=379029 and guess it could be used as a rough guide :)

But any ideas help!

Emi