Re: Re: Question about Simple Contests

From: Emmanuel Kanter <emi.kanter_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:08:42 -0200

I like to thing that the pass/fail cycle is a tool for developing the story. If the guy's been failing, give it some time and a few victories before throwing the vampire, so it doesn't feel like a bitter loss all the way through. I don't think it should settle down exactly the stats of the adversity, but what kind of adversity will show up. It's nice to track it so you won't have yours players bored in a streak of losses or having no dangers.

unless you're gming a lovecraftian horror adventure ;D

using it as a tool might give you info about your games that you didn't have before. you might use it, or not.

but never let the tools tell you what to do :P

emi