Re: Changing rune affinities?

From: Undead Trout <undead.trout_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 19:26:02 -0500

I believe you only need a single rune in common with whatever cult or subcult you wish to join, so a Heortling with Air, Movement and Death could initiate to Orlanth via his Air or Movement Rune. Orlanth Rex is trickier, since that is more explicitly a Mastery subcult, but having more than three runes is not unheard of. I would think that anyone who became a tribal king or queen would likely gain the Mastery Rune after he or she successfully completed the kingship rites (i.e., whatever heroquest that happens to be required). Greater success and more community support would doubtless contribute to the new leader having a higher starting score in that rune than is typical for a freshly-acquired ability.
--
M. Schwartz  --  undead.trout_at_gmail.com
~ Always Something Fishy Going On™ ~