Re: Changing rune affinities?

From: Paul King <paul_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 20:56:58 +0000

On 4 Dec 2010, at 22:24, sarah.newton5_at_... wrote:

> Are your rune affinities changeable after you select them? So, if I
> select Air, Movement, and Death (say), what happens if I want to
> join Orlanth Rex? Is it impossible, or do I lose one affinity
> (probably Death) and replace that with Mastery? Or can I have more
> than 3 affinities, so simply add Mastery as a new ability?

As I read the rules it's quite hard to join the Orlanth Rex subcult if you start with Air, Movement and Death. I think that not only do you have to gain the Mastery Rune, you also have to raise it above Air and Movement - at a minimum it has to be raised to 1W (catchups can help here). That can be done, but it's not meant to be too easy. Some sort of HeroQuest would be a good idea, but there are other ways.