Rune question for a new player.

From: sladehq <johndevil44_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 02:04:35 -0000

Hello, I am new to Heroquest and after doing my pre-game prep a few questions about rune affinities and what they can do came up from my players.

What can a player do with the Law, Man, and Magic runes? 1. Prior to mastery are they just used to augment other abilities? 2. Upon mastery can they do supernatural effects? If so what can they do?

I read the Sartar Kingdom of Heroes book and the Law rune allows Lhankor Mhy priest to read and cast spells from spell books; however I couldn't find anything special about the Man or Magic runes.

3. Do other cultures use these runes for effects that the Storm Tribe worshipers don't use; or are they just filler runes? I am still trying to wrap my brain around the rune magic system and any examples of effects would help me out!

Thank you.

John