Re: Re: Cave Troll Question.

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:25:44 -0800

In RQ, the cave trolls regenereate rather rapidly - 1 HP/location /round (12 seconds), so a totally severed limb (~6-7 HP) could be "regrown" in the course of a fight - about 1 1/2 minutes. Maybe not quite as fast as Hollywood does it, but still immediately dangerous. Plus it's shrugging off a lot of low-damage blows thanks to its 3-pt skin. You're not going to "whittle" a Cave troll down, you need a lot of power (In RQ: High STR bonus, 2h weapons, big magic, etc.; in HQ1: get as many modifiers as you can, and bid big; in HQ2: I haven't a clue, as I don't play the game) to take it out in one shot.

Cave trolls not regenerating damage from Acid is something new - in RQ and Anaxial's Roster it was always "under sunlight or by fire" (assuming you didn't merely misremember the rule). .

Walkatpus regeneration is slower - in RQ it was 1 HP/turn, or 5 minutes. Only complete destruction (here acid *is* mentioned) would stop if from reforming.

RR
>From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the
black utterances of a depraved imagination.