Re: Re: Masteries as Modifiers

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:04:40 +0100 (BST)

It means if a character gets involved in a very low resistance contest they'll have a decent chance of using an ability they wouldn't normally use. The sort of thing that lurks around most character sheets sounding cool but being completely useless in play as it's 13 and not changed since the character was created.

Personally I'd have just said that very low resistances were always 6, although the current rule means that they're automatic successes until the base resistance hits 1W about 15 sessions in.

I'd be curious to find out how many people have used a very low resistance rather than just saying "yes" to the player and avoiding the whole die rolling thing. I can't remember doing it personally - even when running on the auto-pilot of the pass/fail cycle.

Cheers,

Ash