Cascading catchups

From: Olli Kantola <olli.kantola_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:10:23 +0300

Good day all,

As I was reading the debate on the very low resistance, it occurred to me that do you guys really see the low, low abilities of 14 or somesuch in long running games?

In my experience as your highest abilities get closer and closet to a new mastery limit, you trigger new consecutive catchups which in turn bring even your lowest abilities close to the previous mastery level. That in turn often triggers the process again if you have any abilities left.

Now, my experiences have been from shorter campaigns, so I'm interrested in what has happened in your games or if someone has analyzed this further.

Olli Kantola

--
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to
kindle a light in the darkness of mere being

- C. G. Jung