Gloranthan HQ2 - Broadness of Occupational Keywords

From: SARAH <sarah.newton5_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 09:01:15 -0000

Hi all,

I've been treating runic affinities in my Gloranthan HQ2 game as broad abilities, as per the Kingdom of Sartar book; so, if they're rolling against a default resistance, they take a broad ability penalty. However, I'm a bit unsure about how broad *Occupational* keywords are. The Sartar book suggests Clan Keywords are "broader" than Occupational ones, which is fine: someone using the Weaponthane occupational keyword to attack someone using Member of the Hiording Clan keyword would get a bonus (+3?).

But how about someone using Weaponthane against a default resistance? Would you consider the Weaponthane occupational keyword to be a broad ability then, or would you allow a character to roll at his full ability? Is an occupational keyword still a broad ability, just "less broad" than runes and clan keywords?

Cheers!

Sarah