Re: Re: Armor and equipment

From: Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:54:45 +0200

On 9 November 2011 17:30, michaelL <michaelalewis25_at_...> wrote:

> Thanks, that's what seems logical to me.  Someone who is wearing plate vs. someone with
> mail should have some advantage.  Especially vs. no armor at all.
>
> So would this be a augment or just a modifier?  It says that you can only use one
> augment per contest but it must be memorable.  Does this mean that you can use your
> plate armor as an augment once?  That's what's confusing me.

I use it as a modifier. I don't have a fixed set of modifiers I use, though: whatever feels right -- the brilliant upside of this is that it automatically fits your understanding of the efficacy of various arms and armors.

I prefer to keep is simple.

  nothing << jack (or other cloth or leather armor) << metal armor

  nothing << knife or short club << sword in one hand << sword in two hands << staff, spear, or short lance << lance on horseback

For most of my games I would not bother differentiating between mail and plate in terms of numbers.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus