Re: Augments

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:29:04 +0000 (GMT)

I'd say the main reason was to stop augment mining. In HQ1 and HW you could run down your character sheet picking up everything that was relevant to the contest and adding it into the melange. It wasn't uncommon for a fresh out of the box character to get a mastery from augments.

And it got even worse when abilities got to about 10W or 1W2 and players realised they could screw more out by rolling augments. Personally I've inflicted a dozen die rolls for augments on an unsuspecting convention GM. Sorry, I'm a reformed character now!

So the rule's there to make sure that the ability is something that stands out as interesting and relevant to the story rather than just "yep, I'm augmenting with my movement rune again. And my Death rune. And my strong. Fearless. Bladesharp. Spirit Armour. My relationship with uncle Tom Cobleigh and all, and all..."

Cheers,

Ash