Re: Re: Starships and Lifepods

From: Bo <lorgryt_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 07:29:34 -0800

On 11/30/2011 3:23 PM, Henk Langeveld wrote:

> Bo:
> > As for breaking in my players, I am tempted to tell them I am going to
> > introduce them to the system with a silly game set in Star Wars.
>
> [...]
>
> > None of them have traditional skills, just abilities like
> > "Scratch Flees", "Flip to my favorite page" and "Naughty Ewok!"
>
> [...]
>
> > I figure once they use "Mommy said you can't!" to stop a Clone Trooper
> > attack they will be in love with the system.
>
> Sounds like a great introduction to HQ. A kind of mix between Toon and
> the Muppet Show, with some dark undertones. Just don't let the farcical
> take over the entire game. ;-)

In fact, the farcical is intended to show them how creative use of something minor is of value. If anything it is going to be darker than I normally run (lots of youngling parts falling from "the Above" and etc.). I figure once a new player understands that gear is not the thing, creativity is they will get on-board with the whole concept.

Bo