Re: Re: Starships and Lifepods

From: Bo <lorgryt_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 05:59:41 -0800

On 12/5/2011 11:41 PM, Ashley Munday wrote:
> Incidentally what you've just suggested is one step away from the
> eternal augment hunt that HW/HQ1 encouraged - players spent more time
> digging around on their character sheets for augments than they did
> describing what they wanted to achieve.

See, this is where my personal 'credibility test' hit the wall. I can see how the augment race can kill the fun, but I also see how there is a big difference between "throw dart" and "throw thermal detonator". If you don't use augments for equipment doesn't the system start to feel artificial? Kind of goes back to the New World Of Darkness problem where 20 Girl Scouts with stale Thin Mints are a match for a Vampire due to how the rules work.

I get that you grant one side a bonus for more appropriate equipment, but does that satisfy most players?

Bo