Re: Re: Starships and Lifepods

From: Aaron Stockser <nwn2.wow_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 09:12:17 -0800

It still can get tricky... even with the rules as written.

I mean, think about multiple opponents... 10-15 Battle Droids can be a Low Resistance Simple Contest for a single Jedi with no penalties in one scene and then force 2 Jedi to surrender in a later scene.

I have to keep reminding myself that "Resistance != Opponent's Skill" and that the *exact same opponent* can have different Resistance levels in different Contests.

It allows for some amazing experiences - sessions that feel more like my favorite books and movies than any other system I've played, but there is a certain "abstractness" to it that also takes some getting used to.