Re: Customized Gear

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:31:44 -0800

On 6 Dec 2011, at 07:41, Bo wrote:

> Okay, this single ability got me thinking. If you have BlasTech DL-44
> and do some customizing to it I get changing the ability to Customized
> BlasTech DL-44, but if the effect is more than fine tuning does the
> ability become a Keyword? And, is it fair to charge 1 HP for the change?

Keywords are really a shorthand for referring to a whole bunch of abilities. Ideally, ones anyone could think of by hearing the keyword. And I'm having a hard time coming up with a lot of abilities that would be incorporated into a blaster.

Object as character could make a little more sense, though when I do that I like to put in one "personality" ability (perhaps because I usually run Glorantha, but also for color).

Another approach is to step back and come up with adventures that don't have combat-related contests at all. "These aren't the droids you're looking for" would have been horribly botched by using a light saber, frex.

David Dunham