Re: Re: Magical Abilities

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:31:39 +0100 (BST)

Richard Develyn:
> Fair enough. Still, if we're happy to differentiate between different sorts
> of physical weapon / armour then I don't see any reason we should have
> differentiation between differet magical weapons / defenses.

Hear, hear!

> I haven't really got a problem with making some abilities intrinsically more
> powerful than others (for discovery during play). Otherwise we lose a lot of
> the meaning of a 'potent' spell or ability.

I think there should at least be more _differentiation_ between different 'types' of ability. Not that one sort ought to simply be 'better', pure and simple. For example, mystic strikes and theistic secrets are obviously an attempt to create very powerful abilities, with a significant 'downside'. A rather miserable attempt, but...

Cheers,
Alex.