Re: Summoning Lesser Gods etc

From: SARAH <sarah.newton5_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 09:55:32 -0000

Hi Jamie,

My issue of just treating it as a flavour description is in the example on KoH p88, where it's clear that Ailrene first spends a round on a simple contest of her Earth affinity to summon the Talosi in the first place, before it even gets to attack in an extended contest. If it was simple flavour description, then you wouldn't need this 'summoning' action.

However, I could imagine the summoning action being sufficient to then allow Ailrene to use her Earth affinity as a specific ability rather than a broad one, as she's spent a round effectively prepping her attack. It feels a little houseruley, though - I'm not sure if that kind of FATE-style 'manoeuvre' is explicitly supported in the rules (it might be open to abuse...). I suppose you could treat it as an augment or even a situational modifier, but that doesn't seem to be what the example on p88 is suggesting. Hence my question whether the summoning itself generated some kind of 'temporary follower' :-)

Cheers!

Sarah