Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Re: [meta] Future of Heroquest Rules on Yahoo! Groups

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:32:36 -0700

If you're just tired of moderating, Henk, I can take on those duties. I moderate a couple dozen lists of various sorts, so adding one more is no big deal.

I'm on the side of "It ain't hurting no-one, so might as well keep it".

My main problem with Company control of discussion media (whether official mailing list, Forum, what-have-you) is, while "go out of business" is hardly ever a company's business model (I *did* work for one RPG company whose goal was to be bought out...), it does happen, and then the fans are stuck, and a mad scramble to create yahoogroups starts (much as what happened with HeroWars way back when). I've seen it several times, to different companies and in different areas.

I understand the needs and wants of the company, but fan-based discussion media still has a place.

RR
>From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the
black utterance of a depraved imagination.