Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] So, has anyone experimented with the HQ rules lately?

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 08:21:32 +0100 (BST)

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_...>

One of the things about HeroQuest I don't like are the names of the levels of difficulty. I also play a lot of fate based games which has a cool ladder of names:

Number    Adjective
+8    Legendary
+7    Epic
+6    Fantastic
+5    Superb
+4    Great
+3    Good
+2    Fair
+1    Average

0    Mediocre
-1    Poor
-2    Terrible

I've been trying to pick better names along these lines. Has anyone better names? Same goes for states of adversity in non-combat situations.

The names seem pretty good and you can probably map the various difficulty levels for onto them fairly easily. One problem I've found with non-combat states of adversity is that the description changes per contest - although this might be a failure of imagination.

Cheers,

Ash