Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] So, has anyone experimented with the HQ rules lately?

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 15:58:29 +0100 (BST)

David asked:

Speaking of FATE, I keep wondering if there's a way to use Aspects and Fate Points in HQ. They are probably closest to Augments, but cooler.

I just realized that the way I suggest running Hero Point spends is a bit similar -- when you spend on a bump, you should describe what happens. If you can't think of an explanation, pick an ability that you might have augmented with and use that to describe. This is very loosely similar to spending a Fate point and mentioning an Aspect.

I think the scales are off between FP and HP, however.

Ash replies:

Twisting things back the other way, has anyone ever experimented with scene augments? This is where you give a part of a scene a description and score that can be used as an augment - similar to scene aspects in FATE or scene distinctions in MHR.

When I tried them I kept bumping into problems setting a score for the aspect. Two high a score and everyone wanted to use them, too low and no-one would. I ended up trying to use the standard difficulties (so impenetrable darkness could be impossible, base +W2). Just wondered if anyone's got any better ideas?

Cheers,

Ash