Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] So, has anyone experimented with the HQ rules lately?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 20:10:09 +0100 (BST)

>>  Twisting things back the other way, has anyone ever experimented with scene

> augments? This is where you give a part of a scene a description and score that
> can be used as an augment - similar to scene aspects in FATE or scene
> distinctions in MHR.

I'm not familiar with FATE or MHR (what's that stand for?) but that sounds like situational modifiers to me. That could be physical ("it's dark", "you're all on a 45 degree slope", "underwater" or magical ("all air magic works better here", "go with the heroquest plot, get a +10 bonus") or maybe something else entirely. Some people will find these to be positive augments, some negative.

Or was that not what you were thinking of?