Re: Digest Number 107

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 19:55:27 +0200

Mikko Rintasaari:
>Can somebody tell me what the hell is sunset leap supposed to be?

One interpretation has already been mentioned: that it has to do with the Mastakos myth in KoS, p.71-2.

I just found another one: Glorantha, p.244, which says that the planet Uleria rises again in the east immediately after it has set in the west... "But the Orlanthi claimed this planet to be Mastakos, their god of motion, and could duplicate to a lesser degree his Great Leap from west to east."

Still, I agree that one should be able to interpret the rules without such fact-finding expeditions...

Alex:
>> "Enhancements" is a term that includes Augmentations (bonus to Ability
>> rating), Edges, and AP lending (see HW 133). Appropriate need not produce an
>> Augment, but an edge or even AP lending (eg Healing).
>
>I was thinking that edge-granting _was_ an augmentation, but it looks
>like the terminology has changed slightly.

Well it has and it hasn't. "Augmentation" is in fact used both ways at different times (even on p.133!). Looks like a change was started but not implemented fully.

Henrix:
>I think that the easiest, and most clear cut, solution would be to just
>give the
>fetch a might equal to the best of the characters Shamanic Abilities.
>But I am far from certain that this is the solution that adds the most
>flavour
>to the game.

Yes and yes. :-) A compromise is to give it might equal to the shamans best mundane or magical ability. This would exclude relationships and personality traits.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg