Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 14:44:02 +0100 (BST)

> Me, I don't have the HQ1 rules, got rid of them when the revised version

> appeared.

You were that short of space on your hard drive????

> Treat yourself Jane, save up for HQ2, it's a much better book IMO. You can
> get it second hand on amazon for £14.

Now there's a silly assumption. I've had them since they were in pre-release. They do a lovely job of putting into tables all the things I've been doing as a GM for years, and calling it a "pass/fail" cycle, and giving me lookup tables for it. I don't have the slightest need for tables to tell me how to do that, I don't want to be limited to only one augment, I still use rolled augments any time I feel like it (rules for that came out in about HW, didn't they?) and it generally doesn't give me anything I've got any use for.