Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 15:12:05 +0100 (BST)

That's not a bad idea! Thanks, two in two days!

 From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> Sent: Sunday, 7 October 2012, 15:03
Subject: Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

> two highest dice

> in your pool, add them together and that represents a total that <whatever
> the opposing force is> has to beat (in the same fashion) to stop you.

So you're only ever adding two numbers. That's pretty easy.

Say for each HQ augment you wanted, you put a D4 into a pool. (Or a D6, or a coin...) Roll the lot. Use the highest as your augment - just one number to add to the D20. You'd need to do a lot of analysis of probabilities to see if that gave the sorts of results you were after, but I think it's along the right lines.

For more HeroQuest information check out the Rules forum on the publisher's website (not linked to this list in any way): http://moondesignpublications.com/forums/heroquest-rules-discussions

Yahoo! Groups Links