Re: Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: t_m_ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:30:15 -0000

I think this might be a clue - don't roll for Augments where "Nothing happens" doesn't make sense.

HQ2 rules go back to 1 Augment to prevent the "abuse" in HQ1 that could see The Augments being worth More than the base Skill... I suspect there is a happy medium around about 3 augments (only one rolled) which allows you to use more abilities in a contest without encouraging you to use "all" your abilities... (On the other hand if you always use the same augments they should probably be considered part of the base skill)