Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Re: Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 17:37:08 +0100 (BST)

I'm confused - isn't that all augments then? They all have the possibility of ending up as "nothing happens" on a marginal defeat down to a major defeat. Unless I'm reading the table incorrectly, which wouldn't be the first time.

When I first read HQ II the bit about consequences of defeat and victory were before the section on augments. I remember thinking "Oh yes, no more augments! Consequences of victory do everything they used to." Then I hit the bit about augments and I'm still confused about why they're there.

Sorry, this whole thing is getting a bit stream of consciousness here, excuse me while I back off and think a bit more.