Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 22:50:40 +0100 (BST)

Been thinking a bit more about this when I should have been dragging my wife to Monkey World...

Next session I run I'm going to try the following things...

 - No augments. At all. Ever
 - Only additions or subtractions to an ability are going to be lingering bonuses and penalties
 - Players can simulate augments by performing another contest (an unrelated action in extended contests) that'll give them an appropriate bonus. And if they mess up they'll pick up a lingering penalty
 - This also means no specific ability bonuses or stretches. Your ability is either good enough to use, or it's not
 - Remove types of conflict (pyrrhic victories/three way contests) and re-frame the contest

Tell y'all how it works at the start of December!