Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Re: Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 11:46:06 -0400

Namaste:
I'm in a similar boat - it's been years since I've run HQ1/2, but I enjoyed it alot. Eventually though it became rather math heavy.

I have recently started running a MHR / CortexPlus game and I *love* it.  It's just the right amount of math, and frankly I love rolling a bunch of polyhedrals, not just a d20.

I've been thinking a bit about how to adapt CortexPlus to play in Glorantha. One thing I'd like to put in is, well, more gradiation than the 5 step dice scale. I've been mulling over some kind of "Mastery" mechanic, which forces you to bump down a dice category in CortexPlus if you are unevenly matched.

Perhaps a playtest will be in order over the winter..

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha