Re: Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:09:37 -0000

> I'm in a similar boat - it's been years since I've run HQ1/2, but I enjoyed
> it alot. Eventually though it became rather math heavy.

How on earth has HQ2 become math-heavy? I mean seriously? I've GMs as varied in style as Ian Cooper, Herve Carteau, and Mikko Tormala run HQ2 games, and never was "math heavy" a term I'd use to describe any of them.

HQ1 was potentially very math heavy, with augment rules that easy could degenerate into half hour long "can't we get another mastery worth of augments here?" quests that broke up pacing as badly as RQ3's combat rules (not to mention lots of other problems Robin, David, and I could go into in great detail). The only thing I can imagine is a GM going nuts on lingering benefits and penalties (in which the GM really ought to pull back on them or decide from time to time that they expire as per the rules options).

Jeff