Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Re: Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:54:44 +0100

Jeff wrote:

> FWIW, we have alway used the "freshness" requirement as something you
> only worry about if a given augment is being used all the damn time
> and is getting tedious.

Yeah, it's an easy rule to over-apply, and can seriously get in the way of the narrative if used too literally. One has to be flexible about it.

> And my experience is that people in HQ2 spend FAR FAR FAR less time on
> augments than they did in HQ1.

In my experience it's about the same. I'm not necessarily claiming that's typical, although I can't believe it's vanishingly rare, either. In any case, the important point is to be aware (as I'm sure we all are) that different people will have different experiences, and that that can shape how they perceive a game.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Synapsida: http://synapsida.blogspot.com/