Re: [HeroQuest-Rules] Augments and arithmetic are irritating...

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:55:26 +0100 (BST)

>Gavain Sweetman

> I always use automatic augments to reduce the number of dice rolls before the contest rolls.  I have also in the past put in the value of the autoaugment on the character sheet to speed up the calculation process.

>> David Dunham
>>The problem with that in HQ1 was that the situation was never exactly the same, so you needed to double-check. Does Hate Lunars apply? Is this really a situation where Relationship to Orlmarthing Clan is relevant?

Actually, what I meant here was that I precalculated the automodification value for each skill.  So the Character sheet would have entries like this:
Acute Senses  7W(+5)

So that the playe would be able to read that Acute senses as a lead ability is 7W and as an augment would give them +5 to the lead skill.